STORIES FROM THE PAST

From Dave Samuel 40 AESR 1966-1969 Hi Hank,
I was in the field lighting troop in 41 Sqn, with Sgt ? Harrison, Terry Blohm, Ray Rocky, Alan Scaife Shorty Drew. I was single then and cut my teeth in the NAAFI with the likes of Tom Wye. It was great being there I loved it, I remember one RSM who was SKD Lyng happy days! I went to Tidworth to 34, Hohne 7 Sqn, Recruiting Norwich,Waterbeach 48 Sqn,Hameln 29, ITRRE, Chepstow 88 Sqn and Finally 71 Engr Regt.
______________________________________________________________

5 comments:

  1. Hank,Can you let Dave(Sam)Samuel know that "Fingers"is wanting to know how he is.Thanks mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I arrived on my first day in 1989 to be greeted by my brother Sam, only to be directed to run the Cpl Mess christmas function NO ROOM, NO IDEA, and a the biggest hangover and bollocking for the first day, this set the tone for what was to be a blur for the next 2 years. Oh what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Chris can you contact me via contact me link so i have your email i will add you to roll call i only add people i have contact with so if you wish to contact anyone on the list let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. my dad alwyn blackburn davies was in thr royal engineers about 1947 any body no him my email address is aldavxxx@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Ken Wood: One Saturday afternoon after C.O.'s parade, (Danny Raschen), and a session in the NAAFI a group of us, can't remember exactly who but Don Haigh was there and I think Ron Hunt, went off downtown with the intention of visiting every bar in Willich. Needless to say the day is a blur but I remember we climbed over the fence back in to camp via a small building next to the fence and Don fell off and broke an arm. I would love to hear from Don and anyone else from that period, 67 to 72. Email me at kwood20201947@outlook.com. Willich was my best posting of 22 years service. Hope to see some of you at the next reunion, my first. For now Prost und Leb Wohl.

    ReplyDelete